Welcome to Terre Bleu, Ontario’s largest lavender farm! Situated in Milton, ON, this 160 acre family farm primarily harvests different varieties of lavender and produces beautiful lavender products. They open their farm to the public and for a $15 advanced entrance fee online (or $20 at the gate), you can experience all the beauty this place has to offer.
Our Farm Experience
The gift shop is free to the public so if you’re looking for the perfect gift you should definitely consider stopping by throughout the year.
After this we decided to head though the Yellow Bench Trail in search of the Big Yellow Door we’d seen all over Instagram. After a short walk through a forested area we came to a large lavender field with a giant door in the middle and visitors all heading over to get their perfect picture.
It was hot and humid and we needed something to cool down. The little treat counter had ice cream and drinks available for purchase. As refreshing as the sparkling water and lemonade sounded, we couldn’t resist the lavender ice cream (how often do you get to try purple ice cream?!). We enjoyed our cones on the patio overlooking the main field, this area had seating and great views – the perfect rest spot!
After enjoying our treats we spent some time walking around the farm. We headed to the Distillery, the signature Herb Bar, and got to see all the farm’s Honeybees hard at work in the Apiary through a fully netted enclosure (I’ll definitely post an Instagram story of this bee experience).
Sunflowers at the Ruins
After spending approximately 3 hours at the farm, we loved every second and had a great overall experience. After seeing the quality and effort displayed by all the staff, we felt like it was truly worth the admission price.
Our biggest advice to those who plan to visit:
- Wear appropriate shoes – lots of walking in the grass, gravel, or forested areas means sneakers might be your best choice (especially if it rains).
- Be sure to use bug spray beforehand – we got a few mosquito/ bug bites so wish we applied some before arriving.
- Use the restroom before you arrive – unfortunately there are only porta potties available on site.
- A few of the refreshment counters accept cash only – you can prepay in the shop with credit or debit (tap) but having cash on hand would be beneficial.
- Hand held cameras only – professional equipment and photos for special occasions / commercial purposes require a permit. You can find the full policy here.
We’ll definitely be back again (and will be buying the lavender ice cream by the pint). If you visit Terre Bleu let us know all about your experience!
Until next time,