Growing up in Trinidad, guac was never a popular dip. It’s definitely a lot more common in Canada and since trying it, I’m obsessed! After visiting Mexico over year ago, I really wanted to perfect my guac recipe. I love everything a little spicy so definitely added a spicier twist to the classic recipe.
Less talk, more gauc – Ingredients:
- 2 small avocados
- quarter of red onion, diced
- 5 mini tomatoes, quartered
- quarter bell pepper, diced
- half a jalapeño, mostly diced and a few thin slices for garnish
- juice of half a lime
- pinch garlic powder
- pinch cayenne pepper
- salt and pepper to taste
Holy Guacamole – Step by guide:
- Prepare all your veggies for the recipe.
- Half your avocados and mash in a bowl.
- Add in the veggies, garlic powder, cayenne pepper, lime juice and mix well.
- Refrigerate the dip for an hour.
- Garnish with slices of jalapeños and sprinkle additional cayenne pepper before serving.
- Enjoy with tortilla chips
If you try this recipe tag us on social media @flockandflamingle!
Looking for a bigger fiesta? Check out our Taco Fest post!
Until next time,