It’s finally summer so every day is sangria weather! Try this recipe if you need your sangria fix but don’t want to indulge with extra sugar (regular sangria has 16g per drink), or if you’re just looking for a light summer drink!
- Choose a wine with low residual sugar
- Swap Sprite for club soda
- Choose low carb fruits like berries
Summer Sangria Spritzer Recipe (serves 6)
- 1 750ml bottle white wine with low residual sugar (less than 6g/l). I used the Jackson-Triggs Pinot Grigio which is very dry.
- 2 cups organic frozen berries – blueberries, raspberries and blackberries, strawberries
- club soda (plain or flavoured)
- 1/2 cup fresh lemon juice
- 3oz vodka (optional)
- Add wine, fruit and lemon juice to a bowl. Stir, cover and leave in the fridge for an hour.
- Pour into wine glasses, and add a few splashes of club soda.
- You can add some specialty syrup flavourings if you’d like something a bit sweeter.
- Serve, sip, repeat!
Easy Adjustments if you’re not into the Keto craze!
The best part of this recipe is that it’s so easy to adjust!
- Try different fruit combinations like apples and raspberries or oranges and blueberries!
- Want something sweeter? Use Sprite instead of club soda and add some white cranberry juice!
Let us know if you try this recipe and tag us @flockandflamingle on Instagram!