It’s not Summer yet but it’s never too early to start drinking frosé! It’s 5 o’clock somewhere right?
I served this recipe at our pancakes and pyjamas party – yes rosé pairs with pancakes- and it was a hit! I wanted to do something fun, fruity and pink and thought this would be the perfect option for a girls night in. I’ll definitely be making this again over the summer. Follow the recipe below for the ultimate summer cocktail.
Lemonade Frosé Recipe (serves 6-8)
- 1 750ml bottle rosé
- quarter of a watermelon
- 5 strawberries
- 4 cups strawberry lemonade
- 1 cup vodka
I used the Minute Maid frozen strawberry lemonade concentrate as it makes a lot of juice and is relatively cheap, but any strawberry lemonade will do.
I also recommend silicon baking trays as it makes removing the frozen juice easier but ice cube trays work just as well.
- Prepare the juice and pour into silicon cupcake trays. Fill 2 cupcake trays and leave them in the freezer overnight. Store remaining juice in a container.
- Six hours before you plan to serve the cocktail, cube the watermelon and halve the strawberries. Place in freezer bags and allow them to freeze for at least 5 hours. Save a few small slices of watermelon for garnish.
- When you’re ready to serve, add the frozen fruit and juice, wine, and vodka to a blender. You can add some of the leftover juice if you need more liquid.
- Blend until smooth. Pour into glasses, garnish with watermelon slices and serve.
The best part of this recipe is that it’s so easy to adjust for your crowd!
- Have a designated driver who doesn’t want to miss out? Make a batch and replace the rosé and vodka with the leftover juice when blending.
- Have a group where not everyone is keen on drinking vodka at brunch? Leave the vodka on the side for those who want to add.
- Don’t like vodka? Try replacing this with another liquor and see how it tastes!
Let us know if you try this recipe and tag us @flockandflamingle on Instagram!